I have a plan to publish interview series of bloggers. As the first interview I selected Ehsan Ullah because he is doing a great blog which helps to newbie bloggers to build a successful blog. I give special thanks to Ehsan Ullah for giving his valuable time for this interview.
1. Please mention about you and your blog (main blog) for my readers
My name is Ehsan Ullah and I’m 18 years old blogger by passion running Guide to Blogging community of bloggers where I help bloggers build a successful blog.
It was April, 2011 when I proceeded to start up my first blog, a Healthy Geeky Life blog in health niche on Blogger platform. Sometime later after started making money from blogging and getting a lot of questions about blogging, I started a blog on Guide to Blogging community.
I truly love helping people and as blogging is my passion, I write about what I’ve learned along the way.
2. How did you enter the blogging world?
I first discovered about blogging to make money online in Janurary, 2011 and bought Darren’s 31DBBB (31 Days to Build a better blog) eBook and in April of the same year, I started my first ever blog in health niche.
3. How many blogs do you have now? How was your first blog? Was it successful?
I have started and sold many blogs, but right now I’m focusing on my main blog, Guide and News – Guide to Blogging
4. Are you a part time blogger or a full time blogger?
It’s difficult for me to answer this question because I do an offline work too and I’ve a busy schedule, but also spend most of my time in working on my blogs.
5. How much time do you spend on your blog weekly?
I spent 4 to 6 hours daily.
6. In your view, why do most bloggers fail?
A couple of months ago, I wrote a psychology post on why do bloggers fail, but in answer of your question I can say that the number one reason on why most bloggers fail is that they greed to earning money NOW while It needs a lot of time and hard work to be able to make money blogging.
7. What is the biggest blogging mistake you have done?
I’ve done a lot of mistakes in my blogging career, but the biggest one was not starting an email list from day one. Every blogger should start building an email list from day one because as you may have already heard that “money is in the list” and It is the most effective promotion strategy even If you don’t get traffic from search engines.
8. What methods do you use to make money from your blog?
I make most of my money from the products I’m selling, the affiliate sales. I promote the trusted and useful products and services on my blog in a way that encourages people to buy it.
9. What methods do you use to drive traffic to your blog?
Most bloggers think that after publishing a post, promoting it on Facebook, Twitter and few other social media websites is enough, but that does not makes any sense and sharing your content on your few and inactive social media accounts isn’t promotion and doing it daily is a WASTE OF TIME.
For me, the best promotion tactic and the method to drive lots of traffic to your blog is to convince other bloggers to link to your blog. The smart strategy get targeted traffic is to convince another blog that has readers to send readers your way.
10. Can you please give few blogging tips for my readers to build a better blog?
Sure, but not any secret or overnight success strategy. Just tried and tested advice
• The first and most important step of being a successful blogger is to have a unique blog design. I’ve noticed that most of the bloggers these days are using a same theme without much customizing, so having a unique blog design is must.
• Don’t spent much time on writing content for your blog because when you run a blog that has a few readers, writing content on daily basis won’t help you get more readers. Do it if you can, but writing less and promoting more is better strategy.
• Unique writing skill plays a big role, so work hard to improve your writing skills and make your readers love your writing.